We understand that you value your privacy and wish to have your personal information kept secure. For these reasons, we place a high priority on the security of information we hold.
We have developed this policy to inform you of how we manage your personal information and maintain its integrity and security.
We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and must comply with the National Privacy Principles. You can find more information about the Privacy Act on the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at http://www.privacy.gov.au/law/act/.
While we believe in keeping your personal information highly secure, we also believe that you have the right to be informed about how we deal with that information so, if on reading this policy you are unclear on any of the matters or simply want more information, please contact us on the telephone number or addresses provided below.
Collecting Personal Information
We aim to collect personal information only if it is relevant and necessary to providing the service or product you have requested from us.
In general we collect and hold the following information:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Organisation (if applicable)
We collect but do not hold credit card details if you pay for an order by credit card
In most cases we will collect this information from you directly. However in some cases we may purchase information from list owners or managers. The only consequence of you not providing any of this information is that we cannot process credit card payments.
Naturally, we collect and hold a broad range of personal information gathered during the course of providing our service and products. However as stated above, we strive to ensure that we collect and hold only that personal information which is relevant and necessary to your specific matters.
Removal from database
If you would like your name deleted from our database at any time or have any other queries relating to the above, please contact us directly.
Purposes of Collection
We collect information primarily to record appropriate details for any order you have placed with us.
We may also use the information:
- to inform you of any changes to any cruise schedules or other relevant customer service information;
- to send newsletters to you;
- to inform you of products that can be purchased from us;
- to inform you of our developments and other services that we can provide.
The following third parties may have access to personal information:
- IT technicians may have access when providing on-site support;
- File storage services;
- Webpay (the authorized payment gateway for credit card transactions)
We may transfer personal information to third parties in a foreign country where we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that such information will be held, used or disclosed by the recipient consistently with the National Privacy Principles. By entering into any agreement with us, you consent to such transfers.
We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless:
- the disclosure is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
Personal Information Quality
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested and properly update the information to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you believe that the information is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us and we will use all reasonable effort to correct the information. In the event that we do not believe the information to be incorrect, we will take reasonable steps to add a statement to the information claiming that you believe the information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Securing Your Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure, use or alteration.
We have the following security measures in place to protect your information:
- our offices are also securely locked after hours;
- all staff are required to sign our Policy & Procedures covering computer usage;
- all our computers are password protected and virus protected;
- our website is protected by a firewall; and
- our website is securely encrypted using reputable industry standard encryption certificates.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a limited right to access all personal information that we hold about you. In limited circumstances, we may refuse your request to access, in which case, we will give you a reason for that refusal.
We are not required to provide access where:
- denying access is required or authorised by law; or
- providing access would be unlawful.
Changes to this Statement
- Telephone (612) 8296 7365
- Fax 61 2 8296 7340
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Cruise Group Pty. Ltd.
32 The Promenade
King Street Wharf 5
NSW 2000 Sydney Australia